Father’s Heart Street Ministry assists homeless and low-income families and individuals in and around Clackamas County.
We provide clothing, lunches, food boxes, personal hygiene items, prayer, and occasional financial help. TFH also operates a drop-in center where people can come for a cup of coffee, prayer, lunch or a snack while they get a brief break from the outside elements. The drop-in center offers a job board to aid in the homeless/poor population gaining employment and getting off the streets.
The Father's Heart also:
- Helps clients apply for and obtain birth certificates and Oregon Identification cards.
- Picks up the addicted and takes those who want help to Hooper Detoxification Center.
- Teaches computer skills training as well as aids in job searches, resume creation, applications and correspondence.
- Provides monthly health screening and foot care clinic while teaching proper foot care and nutrition.
- Leads a basic Bible Study weekly.
- Offers free haircuts once a month.
- Provides food boxes for low-income individuals and families.
- Provides showers and laundry services for homeless clients.
- Feeds 350-500 people every week.
Oregon has the 6th highest (per capita) homeless population in the nation. Clackamas County alone has more than 8,000 homeless; yet, the services offered in the county are meager and insufficient. TFH endeavors to reach out to these lost and forgotten people in the name of Jesus and extend his hands in love while trying to bridge the gap for those most in need.
We are a volunteer run organization that joins hands with individuals, churches, and businesses, to help alleviate pain and suffering in our neighborhood, ministering to those often over looked and looked down upon. All that we do, we do in the love of the Lord, following His mandate to care for the poor and offer a cup of water in His name.
The Father's Heart Street Ministry
is a nonprofit 501c(3) organization
We've grown by 170% just in the last three months! We have become a safe haven ….a “home” for those who have none...a place to rest in the “living room” to watch TV, the news or a movie while they wait for their laundry or turn at the shower. A place to lay their head, a place of rest for the weary in a safe and loving environment.
More than ever we need your help!
Please consider supporting us with donations, time, prayer or resources!
Current Needs List:
Sturdy adult size backpacks
Men’s crew socks
Men’s blue jeans …..not stained or with holes
Men’s hooded sweatshirts
Men’s sweat pants
Men’s sweat shirts
Men’s dress shirts
Men’s “Docker” style pants
Green or brown tarps
Women’s feminine hygiene (tampons, etc.)
Women’s sweat pants
2 airpots for coffee
Large bottles shampoo
Double/triple edged razors